SCIENCE OF AGRICULTURE
For Donors & Industry Partners...
Connecting youth to careers
The Kansas 4-H Science of Agriculture Challenge ignites excitement about agriculture, increases agriculture science literacy and expands the pipeline of youth pursuing agricultural careers. The challenge directly connects youth with agriculture related businesses, experts and potential career paths.
The Science of Agriculture Challenge focuses on building the future workforce today. Participants in the challenge develop 21st century skills such as critical thinking, scientific and engineering thinking, team-building, leadership development and communication skills.
Reasons to support the program
- Introduce youth to careers with your company or business
- Youth see themselves as future leaders/innovators in agriculture
- Raises competencies in agricultural sciences
- Youth develop 21st century skills
Donor and agriculture-related partner benefits
- Be a part of Kansas 4-H, the largest youth development organization in the state
- Provide feedback and ideas on agricultural youth-led projects
- Connect youth directly to your business and audience
- Receive recognition at the state and national level
- October 2017 -March 2018 - Teams form, identify their project topic, begin to research and develop solutions
- April 15, 2018 - Final team registration deadline
- September 16, 2018 - Preliminary Presentations, Kansas State Fair (required for all teams)
- November 9-10, 2018 - Science of Agriculture Challenge competition at Kansas State University
Question? Contact Amy Sollock