Vanier Family Scholarship
The Vanier Family Scholarship Program was established in 2016 to enhance the strong leadership skills already exhibited by 4-H members. This program invests in the educational endeavors of young people who have overcome challenges in their lives to pursue their educational goals. Scholarship recipients will be recognized leaders and role models within their home communities who have balanced “greater than usual” demands and contributed in positive ways as a 4-H member and citizen.
Students will receive scholarships in the amount of $7,000/year for use at community or technical institutions and $12,000/year for use at baccalaureate institutions. Recipients will receive half of the scholarship for the fall semester and the remaining half in the spring.
ELIGIBILITY (New for 2017-18 applicants):
- Current or former Kansas 4-H member for 3 or more years
- Entering college for the first time as a full-time undergraduate student for the 2017-18 academic year (Exception: 2016-17 renewal applicants)
- Plans to enroll full-time in an accredited post-secondary institution for the 2017-18 academic year
- Extensive 4-H leadership at the local and county levels and/or Key Award winner
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership capabilities
ONLINE APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications and references must be received by Friday, March 31, 2017 Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Finalists will be notified via email by May 1, 2017 and will participate in virtual interviews.
- Virtual Interviews will be conducted May 3-5, 2017.
- Please do not call the State 4-H Office to confirm receipt of application or references. You will receive a confirmation page after you have submitted your scholarship, reference information will not be given out, please confirm submission with your references.
- Notification of advancement in selection process requires response within 24 hours or applicant will be removed from consideration.
To apply, please click here to take you to the application.
For more information about the application process, contact Sarah Keatley at the Kansas State 4-H Office at (785) 532-5800 or email@example.com
Each applicant will need two references. Applicants are responsible for getting information to their references.
Click Here to watch a video announcement about the Vanier Family Scholarship Program