National Volunteer Week April 15-21, 2018
Ideas to Celebrate National Volunteer Week:
- Encourage your club members to recognize their organizational leaders, project leaders and other important 4-H volunteers during the week.
- Use your news column or write a special news release to recognize volunteers in your program.
- Prepare a series of Tweets or Facebook posts to recognize volunteers during the week.
- Highlight National Volunteer Week in your April 4-H Newsletter.
- Handwrite several notes of appreciation throughout the week to special volunteers in your program.
- Check-in with a new 4-H volunteer to see how things are going and offer help as needed.
Mark your calendar for future National Volunteer Week celebrations - April 7-13, 2019, April 19-25, 2020, and April 18-24, 2021.
First Kansas Volunteer Inducted to National 4-H Hall of Fame
Marilyn Pence Galle was one of 14 inductees from across the country recognized by the National 4-H Hall of Fame in 2014. Marilyn was a 4-H member in Shawnee County for 11 years, active in Collegiate 4-H while she attended Kansas State University, and has served as a community club leader and project leader for 19 years. In
addition, she served on the McPherson County Extension Council and 4-H Program Development Committee. Galle
recognizes the challenges and changes that have evolved over the years. “It’s sometimes hard to make changes, but a lot have been made,” Galle said. “The main thing is (4-H) has to be for the youth and give them what they need to develop.”
for KSRE Staff only -
- Password protected items are located under Staff Downloads