November 15, 2017
Re-Screening the VIP Volunteers
The new 4-H Year has begun and with it came the ending of the VIP registered volunteers as the process began to transfer to the Volunteer Screening process. Here are the steps to assist with the transition:
1. The formerly known as registered VIP volunteer needs to complete the Annual Renewal Form http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/4H953.pdf or the Qualtrics Form. Plus enroll in the Kansas 4HOnline Enrollment System, if not previously done.
2. Complete and submit the Criminal Background Check form and the Child Abuse and Neglect Registry form.
3. Then once the Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse and Neglect Registry form results are returned, the local office needs to prepare the volunteer’s renewal file for the review committee.
4. Review committee reviews files and recommends - reappointments, reappointments with restrictions or rejects.
5. Executive Board takes action on the volunteer’s renewal file following steps 9-11 found on the Extension Office Steps for Kansas 4-H Volunteer Service Application using Qualtrics online or the paper form.
The procedure manuals states the rescreening process is to be done between August 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. The entire rescreening process is done every three years. Each year registered volunteers are to complete the Annual Renewal Form available on the 4-H web site or Qualtrics.