When: April 2021
- Digital Uploads (Photography, Logo, Poster, Power Point, Ad Layout, Exhibition Model Horse Show) - Uploads will open March 26 and close April 7. Judging will begin after April 7 with feedback given to youth.
- Hippology- April 10
- Quiz Bowl Preliminaries via Qualtrics- April 10
- Quiz Bowl Finals via Zoom- April 11
- Public Speaking, Demonstration, & Project Talks- Zoom with judges by scheduled date/time, April 10-14. Sign-ups will be available.
Who: 4-H Members ages 7-18 and adult volunteers. Horse Panorama is a compilation of various contests related to the Horse Project. Contests include: quiz bowl, hippology, public speaking presentations, photography and educational posters. There will also be educational activities for 4-Hers of all ages.
- Virtual Hippology Contest Rules 2021
- Virtual Horse Quiz Bowl Contest Rules 2021
- Virtual Panorama Speaking Contest Rules 2021
- Digital Upload Rules- Photography, Logo, Poster, Power Point, Ad Layout, Exhibition Model Horse Show
- 2021 Tentative Schedule
It will be the participant’s responsibility to make sure they have access to reliable internet to fully participate in each contest. We encourage agents to work with interested youth to make sure they have an adequate internet connection before the contest begins.
With the online format, we want to remind participants that an important aspect of youth development is practicing integrity and character development. While we have included securities for each event, youth need to practice the fairness pillar and adhere to the honor system.
When: September 16-18, 2021
Where: Kansas State Fairgrounds, Hutchinson, KS
Who: 4-H Members ages 9-18 who have successfully met the requirements of the Horse Achievement Levels required by their age group prior to their District qualifying 4-H Horse Show entry deadline.
Registration: Click for State Fair Information
Registration Deadline: State 4-H Horse Show entries are due to the State 4-H Office and on KSFAIR data entry system by August 1. Entries cannot be accepted after August 1. Local Extension Units may establish local deadlines before August 1.
- State 4-H Horse Show T-Shirt Design
Where: Rock Springs 4-H Center
Who: Equine Extravaganza is an educational event for those interested in learning more about the Horse Project. There will be sessions for youth and adults. Youth will learn about the competitive events held at Horse Panorama, horse health and care, and basics in showing. Youth will also have a session on Achievement Level I, with the option to take the written and riding tests at the end of the day. Adults will have sessions on improving project meetings, becoming contest coaches, and level evaluating.