Kansas 4-H International Exchange Program Opportunities
Winter 2021 Pen Pal Program Details:
1. The Pen Pal program will run from Feb. 15 - April 18, 2021.
2. Participants must be between the ages of 9-18 and from an active States' 4-H state. Kansas 4-H members may participate.
3. There is no cost for participation.
5. States' 4-H will match participants with an international peer from one of the participating countries. States' 4-H will make its best effort to match based on country preference, age, gender, and interests. Matching information will be distributed to participants between December 18 - Feb. 15, 2021.
6. Participants are asked to communicate at least two times per month with their international pen pal.
7. A positive and enthusiastic attitude are crucial for this program as it will be up to the US participant to initiate contact with their pen pal.
- 2022 Exchange Program Brochure - All Programs (PDF) (coming in late summer 2021)
- 2022 Exchange Program Opportunities Flyer - All Programs (PDF) (coming in late summer 2021)
- The 2020 States' 4-H Windows Newsletter is available by clicking here.
- The 2019-20 States' 4-H International Impact Report is available by clicking here.
For questions, contact Mary Kay Munson, 1114 N. Spring Valley Road, Junction City, KS 66441; 785-238-3631; email@example.com.
States' 4-H International Exchange Programs Only
2021 Outbound Application Forms for 13 to 18 Year-Olds Only. All 2021 applicants must fill out the new on-line application.
- New Delegate Online Application
- Delegate Reference Form
- Delegate Medical Form. Contact Mary Kay Munson from above to receive a copy of the specific delegate medical form.
- Delegate Terms of Condition of Participation. Contact Mary Kay Munson for your copy of this detailed letter.
- Delegate Interview Form
2021 States' 4-H Outbound Programs from 4-8 Weeks Long for 4-H Members. See below flyer for specific ages. Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, Japan is the only country available for travel in summer 2021.
- General Outbound Information Flyer (PDF) (Only Japan is available in summer 2021).
- General Outbound Information Quick Summary (PDF)
- Argentina Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
- Costa Rica Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
- Japan Outbound Information Flyer - 4-week program and 8-week program (PDF)
- Norway Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
- Romania Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
- South Korea Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
- Taiwan Outbound Information Flyer - Cancelled (PDF)
2021 States' 4-H Chaperone Information and Forms
For those interested in being a chaperone to Japan in summer 2021, please contact, Mary Kay Munson for full details and information on how to get the current application package.
States' 4-H 2021 Summer - Host a Youth From Japan
There will be limited family opportunities to host youth in 2021 due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. Only Japan is available for Kansas host families currently.
2021 IFYE Representative Outbound Application Forms Only
For 19-25 Year Olds Only - IFYE's live with families abroad from three to six months in an adventure of a lifetime (Complete all required forms and return electronically by the deadline of November 2, 2020, to Mary Kay Munson, 1114 N. Spring Valley Road, Junction City, KS 66441; 785-238-3631; firstname.lastname@example.org).