The visual arts project teaches artistic skills and the elements and principles of design. 4-H members explore techniques, study art history, culture, and discover their talents. Be creative; draw, paint and work with different mediums.
Explore your Spark!
Ready to get started in your project learning? Check out the Kansas Clover Classroom!
Things to Learn/Do in the Project
- Learn drawing, painting and printing techniques in paint, pencil, chalk, charcoal or mixed media
- Learn sculpture techniques
- Make something from wood, leather, paper or clay
- Weave a basket or wall hanging
- Etch glass or metal or make jewelry and wire sculptures
- Do mosaics or nature crafts
- Discover new mediums
Reasonably priced materials are available for every project in Kansas 4-H. You can order the materials for your project online or contact your local Extension Office.
Visual Arts (VA100), Ceramics (VA200), Leather Craft (VA201), Other (Determined by County) (VA202)
General Visual Arts Resources
Events and Activities
Kansas State Fair Visual Arts Exhibits
Where: Hutchinson, KS
Award: Selected exhibits chosen for display at Rock Springs 4-H Center
Awards and Recognition
Award: Medal presented at your 4-H Achievement Banquet
Award: $400 National 4-H Congress Scholarship