Science of Agriculture
Did you know agriculture connects to all parts of our daily lives? Agriculture is a key part of the technology you use, the clothes you wear and the food you eat. It also plays an important role in careers, environmental studies, healthy living, animal safety and much more!
We're looking for youth in grades 6-12 who want to explore agricultural related topics and share their problem-solving ideas. You don't need to be in 4-H already to join this challenge.
What is the Science of Agriculture Challenge?
It's a hands-on learning experience to inspire the next generation of agriculture leaders in Kansas. Teams of 3-5 youth in grades 6-12 work with volunteer coaches and mentors to create projects adnd develop solutions. As a team, you'll identify agriculture-related issues in your community, find solutions and share your projects with your community. Each summer, teams present their ideas to a panel of industry expert judges at a state competition. Each member of the top three teams receives a scholarship of $400-$1,000!
- October 2018 -March 2019 - Teams form, identify their project topic, begin to research and develop solutions
- April 15, 2019 - Final team registration deadline
- TBA September 2019 - Preliminary Presentations, Kansas State Fair (required for all teams)
- TBA November 2019 - Science of Agriculture Challenge competition at Kansas State University
Ways to sign up
- Already have your team? Here's the form for coaches to fill out. (coming soon for 2019!)
- Question? Contact Anissa Jepsen
FOR YOUTH & PARENTS
FOR COACHES & MENTORS
FOR DONORS & INDUSTRY PARTNERS