Project participants in the 4-H Rocketry and Aerospace project learn about the latest in aerospace technology as well as explore the fundamentals of rocketry such as lift, drag, and other factors that affect rocket design. Youth have the opportunity to try out various designs of rockets as well build their own rockets and test their flight ability.
Things to Learn/Do in the Projects
- How a model rocket works
- Equipment and procedures for a safe launch
- Build at least one skill-level-one rocket
- Build at least one skill-level-two rocket
- Learn the Model Rocket Safety Code
- Learn basic parts of a rocket
Level 3 and 4
- Model rocket launch systems
- Engine types and classification
- Art of the payload launch
Project Materials and Resources
Reasonably priced materials are available for every project in Kansas 4-H. You can order the materials for your project online or contact your local Extension Office.
Project Leader Resources
General Project Resources