Vanier Family Scholarship Program
The Vanier Family Scholarship Program was established in 2016 to enhance the strong leadership skills already exhibited by 4-H members. This program invests in the educational endeavors of young people who have overcome challenges in their lives to pursue their educational goals. Scholarship recipients will be recognized leaders and role models within their home communities who have balanced “greater than usual” demands and contributed in positive ways as a 4-H member and citizen.
Students will receive scholarships in the amount of $7,000/year for use at community or technical institutions and $12,000/year for use at baccalaureate institutions. Recipients will receive half of the scholarship for the fall semester and the remaining half in the spring.
ELIGIBILITY for NEW 2018-19 applicants:
- Current or former Kansas 4-H member for 3 or more years
- Entering college for the first time as a full-time undergraduate student for the 2018-19 academic year
- Plans to enroll full-time in an accredited post-secondary institution for the 2018-19 academic year
- Extensive 4-H leadership at the local and county levels and/or Key Award winner
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership capabilities
ONLINE APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications and references must be received by Wednesday, April 18, 2018 Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Finalists will be notified via email by May 11, 2018 and will participate in virtual interviews.
- Virtual Interviews will be conducted May 14-18, 2018.
- Please do not call the State 4-H Office to confirm receipt of application or references. You will receive a confirmation page after you have submitted your scholarship, reference information will not be given out, please confirm submission with your references.
- Notification of advancement in selection process requires response within 24 hours or applicant will be removed from consideration.
Application Link: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eDMxO9BEWhyv58p
Reference Link: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cIyx4HisWuRbNpr
For more information about the application process, contact Sarah Keatley at the Kansas State 4-H Office at (785) 532-5800 or email@example.com
Each applicant will need two references. Applicants are responsible for getting information to their references.