4-H Fridays- NC Region Professional Sharing Series
May 1- Summer 4-H Programs
Minnesota 4-H and Iowa 4-H share a few of the programs that they have been working to move to a distance-learning format, as well as common challenges that they face.
- Iowa 4-H PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
- Minnesota 4-H PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
May 8- Livestock Exhibiting
Missouri 4-H, Indiana 4-H, and Wisconsin 4-H share their programs and transition work as it relates to livestock exhibitions and general animal science projects.
May 15- Quality Youth Engagement during Virtual 4-H Meetings
Kansas 4-H, Illinois 4-H, and Ohio 4-H give their respective best practices and learning experiences for 4-H Council and general 4-H Club meetings in a virtual setting.
- Kansas 4-H PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
- Illinois 4-H Online Meeting Guide (PDF)
- Ohio 4-H Zoom Club Meeting Tips (PDF)
May 22- Shooting Sports Education Challenges in a Virtual World
Minnesota 4-H and Wisconsin 4-H discuss how they've approached their Shooting Sports programs along with the guidelines issued by National 4-H Shooting Sports.
- Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports & Wildlife Policy and Risk Management Updates- Virtual Learning (PDF)
- Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports Update Amid Covid-19 (PDF)
- National 4-H Shooting Sports Suggestions for Safely Phasing in a Return to 4-H Shooting Sports Activities (PDF)
June 5- Inclusive Practices and Creating Belonging in 4-H Programs
- Wisconsin 4-H: Programming Efforts in Inclusion
- Kansas 4-H: Building Empathy in Youth Communication Skill Development
- Missouri 4-H: IDI Team Efforts in Extension
- Minnesota 4-H: Organization Lens for Diversity
June 12- Adolescent and Child Mental Health This Summer
COVID-19, disruption, loss of routine and events, and issues of trauma and injustice can and does impact youth development. What tools and practices can we exercise this summer in order to better lead, direct, and engage youth and volunteers to grow their youth in their mental, emotional and social well-being!
- Illinois 4-H: Eagles Care- Social and Emotional Development (PDF)
- Indiana 4-H: Teens as Teachers (PDF)
- Ohio 4-H: Your Thoughts Matter (PDF)