January 16, 2019
Standard of Excellence Delegates - National 4-H Congress
Standard of Excellence Delegates represent all of the recipients of the Kansas 4-H Key Award during the previous 4-H year.
Seven Congress Standard of Excellence Delegates are randomly drawn from names sent to the State 4-H Office. Each Extension Unit made up of only one county may submit one name. Extension Units (districts) made up of more than one county may send as many names equal to the number of counties that comprise the district. (Note: The names may come from anywhere in the District). Extension Units please select your name(s) in the following manner:
STEP #1. Create a pool of names consisting of ALL 4-H Key Award winners in 2018 who meet the following criteria:
- Were presented the Kansas 4-H Key Award in 2018
- Have never attended National 4-H Congress before
- Are enrolled in Kansas 4-H
- Have a genuine desire to attend National 4-H Congress
- Are available to attend 2019 National 4-H Congress in its entirety from Nov 29- Dec 3, 2019
- Are at least 16 years old but not yet 19 years old before January 1, 2019
- Willing to remain committed to attending 2019 National 4-H Congress once they accept the trip
- Agree to the follow the prescribed code of conduct, realizing failure to do so may result in the loss of privileges during the event and/or in the future
STEP #2. Randomly draw the name(s) from your eligible pool, email the name to Sarah Keatley (email@example.com) by close of business (5PM) on May 1, 2019.
Upon receipt of the nominees from local Extension Units, all names will be placed in a pool, randomly drawn and notified immediately as the state Standard of Excellence Delegates for 2019 National 4-H Congress.