What is 4-H?
With guidance from a caring adult, Kansas 4-H provides a safe environment for youth to explore their interests and passions- their sparks in life! Through our unique partnership with Kansas State University, we are able to provide opportunities for all youth, ages 5-18, including urban neighborhoods, suburban schoolyards, and rural communities. No matter your budget, schedule, or passion, there is a 4-H program for you!
Each of the four H's of the clover represent ways youth can grow and develop.
- Head, critical thinking, problem solving;
- Heart, self-discipline, integrity, communication;
- Hands, serving others;
- Health, choosing healthy lifestyles.
Enrolling in 4-H is as easy as 1-2-3 !!
Youth may enroll in Kansas 4-H at any time! 4-H clubs are open to all young people who are residents of Kansas and between the ages of 7 and 19. The 4-H calendar year begins October 1 and concludes on September 30th. Youth who turn 7 before January 1 of the current 4-H year may enroll. Youth who turn 19 before January 1 of the current 4-H year are ineligible to enroll. 4-H Cloverbuds is an educational, youth development opportunity specifically for 5 and 6 year old children. To be eligible to participate, a child must have celebrated his or her 5th or 6th birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- Find a club in your area. There are several club options in every county. Contact your county to discover what clubs are available.
- Visit 2-3 clubs to find one that fits your family. Factors to consider may include age of membership, meeting time and location, and project areas of interest.
- Enroll online at v2.4honline.com
Once enrolled, 4-H youth will be eligible to use curriculum and participate in club meetings, workshops, and day camps, and any 4-H sponsored events from the local to the national level. Select events, such as the county fair and certain project areas may have specific project enrollment deadlines for participation. These deadlines must be met for participation. Contact your county for additional information.