4-H Discovery Days - 2021
Kansas 4-H Discovery Days will be delivered virtually in 2021.
When: June 1st-4th, 2021
Who: Youth ages 13-18 before Janaury 1, 2021 are invited to register
Registration: REGISTER HERE! Registration closes 11:59pm on May 15th.
- Tuesday, June 1st - All participants
6:30pm – Welcome – Kansas 4-H – Wade Weber
7:00pm – What’s the Plan?
7:15pm – Keynote Speaker
8:15pm – Wrap-up and Reminders
- Wednesday and Thursday, June 2nd and 3rd – Cohort Groups
- Sessions organized into content related tracks
- 10-35 Youth per track
- Four, hour long sessions designed to engage and build upon a content area
- Utilizing hands on learning and flipped classroom options where some content will be available beforehand and sessions are used for engagement
- Sessions held between 9-5 each day (some flexibility to tailor the content delivery schedule to the content delivered)
- Friday, June 4th – All Participants
9:00am – Welcome
9:15am – Career Panel
10:15am – Cap-note Speaker
11:00am – Wrap-up and close
Discovery Days objectives:
- Help youth learn new ideas, techniques, and skills they can use personally and in their 4-H clubs or groups and communities
- Give youth in-depth training through hands-on educational sessions from content and youth development experts
- Prepare youth to make informed decisions about their careers and college path
- Enhance personal growth by giving opportunities to develop responsibility, confidence, independence, accountability, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills
- Help youth meet new people and make new friends from different places and with different backgrounds from across the state
- Provide an opportunity for youth to experience the K-State campus and its wealth of resources
- Develop college and career readiness skills which prepare participants academically and socially for a successful transition to college and life as an adult
The decision to again use the virtual format was not taken lightly as the preferred format for the event would definitely be in-person. The decision is in congruence with the current K-State Reopening Phase 3 guidelines and the most recent vaccine availability projections from Riley County.
Discovery Days Virtual Resources!
The Kansas 4-H Discovery Days 2020 recordings are available as a resource for Kansas 4-H families. Sessions were offered live on the mornings of May 27th, 28th, and 29th.