Instructor and Apprentice Certified Training Program
The 4-H Shooting Sports Advisory and State 4-H Office are hosting Level 1 Shooting Sports Instructor training March 25th - 27th, 2022, at Rock Springs 4-H Center.
Training for Coordinators and each of the Shooting Sports Disciplines will be offered. It is our intention to offer training for any discipline that has registered participants.
- Western Heritage- $275
- All other disciplines with lodging- $240
- No lodging - $175
- Apprentices- both new and returning- will receive 50% off above prices
- A potential new instructor is approved by Point of Contact Agent and unit Coordinator (if one is current).
- Register in 4-H Online as a volunteer and complete volunteer screening through the County/District office.
- To register for training access the Events tab in your 4HOnline profile. Once registration is open, notification will be sent to Agents and Coordinators.
- The local office will approve the registration, confirming that they support the volunteer.
- All disciplines will fill based on the order of registration. Additional registrants will be placed on a waitlist. You will receive a follow-up email from Shannon Rogge, email@example.com, to confirm whether you are in the class or on the waitlist.
- An additional Rock Springs Participation Agreement form will need to be completed online here.
- Complete Zsuite online modules that provide general program education.. See PDF for module instructions.
- Complete the Kansas 4-H Shooting Sports online module. Download the PowerPoint file- the audio will play in Slide Show mode or you can click the speaker icon on each slide. After listening to the module, complete the quiz online here.
The online modules are provided by National 4-H Shooting Sports. The online training cost $20 per person, due directly to the website. A discount of $25 is already built into the Kansas Instructor Training registration fee.