September 15, 2020
FCS State Fair Judging Contest Open to all 4-Her 9 and up
Kansas State Fair Family and Consumer Sciences Judging Contest
Date of Contest: Saturday, September 19, 2020 Contest Open from 9 A.M. to 9 P.M.
Youth ages 9-13, as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Intermediate division.
Youth ages 14-19 as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Senior Division.
The contest is open to all Kansas 4-H members in the 9-18 age bracket ONLY for 2020 - NO qualifying contest is required. There is not a limit on the number of participants a county may send.
Pre-entries are due by September 15 using this link:
- The contest will be offered in a virtual format. Specific contest details will be emailed to the participant at the email address provided during pre-entry.
- Virtual Contest will be held on Saturday, September 19. The contest will be available from 9 am to 9 pm.
- Contestants will participate as an individual instead of as a team for this year only.
- FOR 2020 ONLY: Class judging will be the only component
- Intermediates will have 5 classes
- Seniors will have 6 classes
- All cell phones and other communication devices must be turned off while participating in the contest. The expectation is that you are doing this contest independently - no use of extra help (search engines, study guides, parents/adults).
- If accommodations need to be made for participants (reading of questions, internet access), please answer yes to the question in the registration link.
- Contest answers will be e-mailed after 24 hours of contest completion so participants can get feedback.
- Awards to the top individuals (intermediate & senior) will be an educational FCS related trip for reimbursement (up to $100) to be used for registration fee and travel expenses. Ideas include “Wild about FCS” event at Kansas State University; facility tours; leadership experience; artisan events/conferences.