Family and Consumer Sciences Judging
1. Youth ages 9-13, as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Intermediate division. Youth ages 14-19 as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Senior Division.
2. Participants can only register as teams of 2. Individuals are not permitted to enter this contest.
3. Each Local Extension Unit may enter teams of two currently enrolled 4-H members equal to the number of counties their Local Extension Unit represents. Example: A district with three counties may enter three teams of two youth; this equates to six participants.
4. All teams must be pre-entered by August 15.
5. This year’s contest theme will be Nutrition. There will be three components to complete as part of the contest:
- An interactive experience related to nutrition.
- A hands on immersion activity
- A presentation inviting the team’s perspective in response to a Nutrition related question that they will be given.
- The presentation portion is optional, but teams will only be award eligible if they complete the presentation portion.
- Teams will deliver their presentation before a judge. Spectators will not be allowed in the presentation room.
- Both team members must check in and be prepared to start the contest at the same time. Please have one adult check in with the team. Adults and team members will be separated after the orientation session. 4-H members will be escorted to and from the various contest components. Adults are encouraged to volunteer to assist with various contest aspects.
- All cell phones and other communication devices must be turned off while participating in the contest.
10. An entry fee of $15 per team (2 people) will be due with the August 15 pre-entry date.
11. Local Units will select their team(s) contest participation time when pre-entry information is submitted.
12. Rosettes will be presented to the top two teams in each age division. The first place team in each age division will be eligible to take an educational FCS related trip, for reimbursement, up to $200.
13. Additional prizes may be awarded.
14. Accommodations will be made for Fashion Revue participants.
15. FCS Judging local unit preparation resources can be accessed here.
5960 Intermediate FCS Judging Team
5965 Senior FCS Judging Team