November 13, 2020
Jan-Apr 2021 Winter Pen Pal Program - Registration Opening Nov. 16!
States' 4-H is launching online registration for its second Pen Pal Program on November 16! Kansas had several participants in the first Pen Pal Program this summer and reports we’ve heard are that they had communications with a Pen Pal friend in one of the States’ 4-H partner countries: Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Norway or Romania and enjoyed the experience. Here are the plans for the new program. Interested Kansas 4-H’ers can go to the World Citizenship web page for more information and link to the application site at: https://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/global-citizenship/kansas-4-h-international-exchanges/index.html.
1. The program will run from Jan 18 - April 18, 2021.
2. Participants must be between the ages of 9-18 and from an active States' 4-H state including Kansas.
3. There is no cost for participation.
5. States' 4-H will match participants with an international peer from one of the participating countries. States' 4-H will make its best effort to match based on country preference, age, gender, and interests.
6. Participants are asked to communicate at least TWO times per month with their international pen pal using methods available to both such as email, postal mail social media, facetime, Skype or Zoom.
7. A positive and enthusiastic attitude is crucial for this program as it will be up to the US participant to initiate contact with their pen pal. (4-H members could make the Pen Pal Program a 4-H project for the 2021 year.)
In the first Pen Pal Program, spaces filled immediately upon announcement. Interested members should register as soon as possible and watch the e-mail address they list for follow-up information. Inquiries about the program may be sent to Mary Kay Munson, Kansas 4-H Exchange Coordinator at email@example.com.