June 15, 2018
Helpful Information for 4-H Horses (Repost)
4-H Horses can enter the Kansas State Fairgrounds at 8 a.m. on September 13. No stalls are available until 8 a.m., Thursday, September 13. Check-in begins at 10 a.m.
Required Health Papers
• Current Health Certificates (issued within the past 30 days prior to September 12, 2018).
• A negative Coggins (Equine Infectious Anemia) test conducted within one year of the show must accompany the health papers.
Check-in before entering the Fairground
• All horses must be checked by the officials of The Kansas Department of Agriculture/Kansas Division of Animal Health (KDAH) before entering the Fairgrounds.
• Inspection booth located east of the Fairgrounds at the Fairgrounds Water Park. Enter parking lot from Severance Street between 17th Ave. and 23 Ave. Access Severance Street from 17th Avenue.
• Daily check-in hours will be 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. Exhibitors should plan to arrive during these hours. If arrival is going to be delayed past 10 p.m. check-in hours due to circumstances beyond exhibitor’s control, please call the Highway Patrol at 620-669-3627.
• Once inspected and approved, the officials will officially stamp the health papers which will allow for entry onto the Fairgrounds.
• The KDAH reserves the right to inspect or test any animals on the Fairgrounds, if necessary.
Pre-ordered Gate Admission Tickets
• Available at the State Fair Check-in on Severance Street.
Upon Entering Fairgrounds
• Horse Stall assignments given at the Stalling Office located south end of Expo II. Once stall given will be directed to stall.
• Show check-in table located next to the announcer’s stand – double check classes and horse identification papers. If showing a two-year old snaffle bit or three-year old have information available (if entered in those classes).
• Check-in with the gate person prior to each class.
• Exhibitor conflicts must visit with the Horse Events Coordinator or 4-H Horse Superintendents.
• Show schedule can be found on page 29 of the 2018 Kansas State Fair 4-H Exhibitor Handbook.