February 15, 2021
Kansas 4-H Financial Literacy Curriculum Training Series
Please help us promote the Kansas 4-H Financial Literacy Curriculum Training Series. The series is designed as an opportunity for KSRE Staff and Volunteers to learn about and plan to use 4-H financial literacy curriculum. The first 60 participants who sign up for the training series will receive a curriculum packet including one copy of each of the follow resources:
- Smart Cents: A Guide to Teaching Mindful Money Habits
- My Financial Future: Beginner Youth Notebook
- My Financial Future: Advanced Youth Notebook
- Financial Champions Book 1: Money Fundamentals
- Financial Champions Book 2: Money Moves
- Reading Makes Cents: Learning About Money Concepts Through Children’s Literature
This curriculum packet would be an excellent resource for use in after school, school enrichment, day camps, and club programming. The concepts covered would be an outstanding addition to all 4-H programs and projects.
As part of the program, a series of five training webinars will be offered. We ask that all program participants take part in the live sessions or watch the recorded trainings. As the program is designed for staff and volunteers, we will also be planning an evening question and answer session for participants who take part in just the recorded training sessions. The trainings will be as follows, all starting at 9 am:
- March 24th @ 9 am – Using 4-H Curriculum – It makes life easier
- March 31st @ 9 am – Creating a Plan – Smart Cents A Guide to Teaching Mindful Money Habits
- April 7th @ 9 am – Reading Makes Cents – Working with Partners
- April 14th @ 9 am - Financial Champions- Book 1 and 2, My Financial Future – Beginner and Advanced – Adapting resources for different audiences
- April 21st @ 9 am – Next Steps – Collecting Impact
Registration is now open and will close on March 10th. After registration closes those registered will receive log-in information for the zoom training sessions and curriculum will be mailed out (hopefully so participants can have it in hand before the first session). The sessions will be open to all who register but only the first 60 will receive a copy of the curriculum resources.
Thank you to the committee helping to put this program together - Janae McNally, Nora Rhoades, Monica Walker, and Monica Thayer!
If you have additional questions please contact Shane Potter, email@example.com.