October 15, 2020
Kansas State 4-H Crops Identification Contest Registration Open
The 2020 Kansas State Fair 4-H Crops Identification Contest was cancelled due to most of the KSF 4-H in-person events being cancelled due to COVID-19. The 2020 4-H Crops ID Contest will be offered virtually this fall. Registration is now open using Qualtrics until Thursday, November 12th, by visiting: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5zQiuQlFE8Hg3xX. For questions, please contact Deryl E. Waldren, Kansas 4-H Wheat Coordinator, email@example.com; 303-349-7403.
Rules for 2020:
- The contest is open to all Kansas 4-H youth, ages 9-18 (4-H age).
- Registration closes on Thursday, November 12, 11:59 p.m.
- An email will be sent to participants on Friday, November 13 with the contest link to participate.
- ONLY for 2020 - No qualifying contest is required. There is not a limit on the number of participants per county/district. Contestants may participate as an individual or on intermediate or senior teams that will be designated at a later date.
- Virtual Contest will be open from Saturday, November 14, 9:00 a.m. through Sunday, November 22, closing at 11:59 p.m. The contest will use Qualtrics (the same system as this survey). Participants will be given a timed 30 minutes for each of two identifying classes: 50 plant samples and 50 seed samples.
- Two identification classes will be the only component for all ages.
- Please complete the identification contest with access to a device larger than a phone, for example: lap top, desk top or tablet.
- Upon the closing of registration local Extension offices will be contacted for the placement of members on senior and intermediate team(s), if applicable.
- Contest individual and team winners for the senior (14-18) and intermediate (11-13) age divisions will be announced by December 15, 2020. Juniors (9-10) may compete as individuals only.
- Participants with slow internet connections may need to complete the contest at a different location, for example, your local Extension office, library, or school facility.
- The Kansas County Weed Directors Association will award plaques to the three high individuals in the Senior Division and first and second place medallions for the Senior and Intermediate Divisions. The Eric and Jackie Chandler Family, Neodesha, KS, will sponsor award plaques to the three high individuals in the Intermediate Division, and the first and second place team plaques for the Senior Division and Intermediate Divisions.