Volunteer Screening Resources
The resources on this page are for staff to use to implement the Volunteer Screening process.
- Volunteer Screening Policy and Procedures (revised 2021)
- Extension Office Steps for Kansas 4-H Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Applicant Steps
- 4-H Online Enrollment Guides for Volunteers
- Kansas 4-H Volunteer Code of Conduct
Volunteer Recruitment Video
Ever thought of being a 4-H volunteer? 4-H volunteers are essential to the 4-H program. Learn how you can share your passion that will provide the spark that inspires the next generation.
Videos for Orientation
- Video 1: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Introduction to 4-H Youth Development
As a new volunteer, learning the basics of 4-H Youth Development will help in understanding the bigger picture of the 4-H program
- Video 2: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating Age Appropriate Learning Experiences
Volunteers work with a wide variety of ages of youth. This section covers how to create age appropriate learning experiences.
- Video 3: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Experiential Learning Process
This section covers important hints on how to teach. “Learning by Doing” is one of the main reasons 4-H has been so widely recognized and respected in the field of informal education.
- Video 4: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating a Safe and Positive Learning Environment
Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating a Safe and Positive Learning Environment. As a positive youth development organization, 4-H has an obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of the young people involved. This section covers how to create a safe and positive learning environment.